Boise Drift events for grippers!
We are happy to announce the addition of timed events to BoiseDrift. May 22nd will be our first event with a timed run group. As we already have a group of drifters driving that day, only ten spots were available and they filled up immediately. Due to this, we will schedule future TA events on their own day, and allow much more drivers.
We will use the May 22nd event to figure out what works best for classing, runs, and run groups. Following that event, we will take feedback from the drivers and set the structure for future events.
As with all BoiseDrift events, seat time will be high. The following is a list of our initial goals.
- Create a super fun racing opportunity
- Runs consist of a number of non stop laps
- Have multiple cars on track of similar speed, spaced out evenly to allow exciting chase situations while allowing clean laps.
- Try to get a minimum of 30 laps per driver.
- Develop a structured competition series
- Acquire additional locations to race.
- Work together with existing motorsports organizations’ schedules to avoid conflicting seasons
- See #1.